Both NYU and Columbia have been building real estate empires in their respective Manhattan neighborhoods. Both private non profit institutions have real estate holdings worth more than half a billion dollars. Both schools have been buying building and developing real estate to house students, faculty and expand their prestigious institutions.
New York City is an acedemic capital of the world and attracts students from all over the country and globe to its many fine colleges and Universities.
For many students coming from all over the country and world, Labor Day will be their first weekend living in the city. To all the new students entering NYU, Columbia and all the other fine undergraduate, graduate, law schools and med schools throughout NYC, I wish you all much success.
Parents from all over the country and abroad are investing in Manhattan real estate while their children are attending schools here. Many parents are buying condos for their adult children and for themselves and other family members. For many it is a great investment. Children get housing while in school and starting their careers, the parents get a great asset and a pied-a-terre in Manhattan.
Click Below for links to
Manhattan, NYC Colleges and Universities
- Barnard College 116th Street and Broadway
- Baruch 17 Lexington Ave, Manhattan
- Berkeley College 43rd Street and Fifth Ave
- City College of New York 137th Street and Broadway
- City University of New York various locations
- Columbia University 116th Street and Broadway-Amsterdam
- Cooper Union 51 Astor Place, 8th Street
- Fashion Institute of Technology West 27th Street between Seventh and Eighth
- Fordham University 113 W. 60th Street
- General Theological Seminary 175 9th Ave
- Hunter College 695 Park Avenue
- Jewish Theological Seminary 122nd Street and Broadway
- John Jay College of Criminal Justice Tenth Avenue and 59th Street
- Juilliard School 66th Street and Broadway
- The King's College 350 Fifth Avenue, Suite 1500
- Manhattan School of Music 122nd Street and Broadway
- Marymount Manhattan College 221 East 71st Street
- The New School for Social Research 11th Street & Avenue of the Americas
- New York Insitute of Technology 59th Street and Broadway
- New York University Washington Square Park, 4th Street
- Pace University One Pace Plaza
- Parsons School of Design14th Street and 5th Ave.
- Pratt Institute 295 Lafayette St in Manhattan
- Rockefeller University 1230 York Ave.
- School of Visual Arts 209 East 23 Street
- Union Theological Seminary 120th Street and Broadway